THE GAME: AN EFFECTIVE EDUCATIONAL DEVICE
Imagination is more important than knowledge generally. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
To meet the demands of a new generation with great varied and demanding needs, it is useful to put into practice the maximisation of students’ approximation to the world.
The game, used as a “teaching device” is able to:
• Reflect the different basic needs of the individual and improve metacognitive processes (reflection on education);
• Improve and perfect social skills and emotional control;
• Gradually have a sense of the rules;
• Engage students in a fun way.
The school commits itself to inserting every day, the experience of play in the learning process: the teacher plays the role of “mediator” representing “the bridge” between the practice of the game and the implications in terms of teaching and Extracurricular life.
EXPRESSING THROUGH ART AND CREATIVITY
Keep the spirit of childhood in yourself throughout your life means to maintain the curiosity of knowledge and the pleasure of understanding and communicating.
The practice of artistic activities, in its various forms (visual arts, music, drama, dance, etc.), allows, strengthens and influences student development in relation to:
• Ability of the individual;
• Cognitive, social-emotional, multi-sensory;
• Creativity and self-esteem, encourage interaction with the outside world and facilitate self-expression and communication.
• From this perspective, the school offers courses in:
• Arts/Crafts and creativity
“Mens sana in corpore sano”
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you have to move.
The Movement plays an important role in developing the child’s capacity, facilitating the:
• Discovery of its potential and limits;
• Control of your body and its expressions;
• Development of its “space-time” capacity;
• Communication, understanding and expression.
• The school is committed, through motor activities, to encourage the child to enter into a relationship with himself and with others, accepting diversification and sharing together the common rules of social life. Provides the following:
• Physical Education