The Kindergarten is open to all children aged between 10 months and 6 years, and is the answer to their right to education and care, in line with the principles of cultural and institutional pluralism in the Constitution of the Republic Convention on the rights and documents of the European Union.
The Kindergarten proposes the following purposes:
- to negotiate identity, to live peacefully in the dimension of being itself, in a wider social environment in which it is recognized as a single person;
- develop autonomy, feel satisfaction in doing by themselves, to express dissatisfaction and frustration by progressively elaborating responses and strategies;
- skills that are acquired, at play, movement, manipulate, research, investigate, make mistakes, learn to reflect on experience through exploration, observation and comparison;
- the first life experience of, CITIZENSHIP, discover other things and give importance to others and their needs, negotiate common rules.
To ensure sufficient attention, only a maximum of 5 children under the age of 18 months are accepted.
In order to give a special and individualized treatment to each of the students, the age groups are divided into small groups, which are assigned a name of an animal, click on the images and you will discover more information!
The school is open from Monday to Friday and offers two different possibilities:
- 7.30-17.30 (full time);
- 7.30-14.00 (part time).
The school time is about 42 hours per week, divided according to the following schedule:
|07.30 – 08.30||arrival|
|08.30 – 09.30||didactic activity|
|09.30 – 10.00||snack|
|10.00 – 12.00||didactic activity|
|12.00 – 12.30||lunch|
|12.30 – 14.00||sleep time|
|14.00 – 14.15||intermediate exit|
|14.20 – 16.45||motor and recreational activity|
|17.00 – 17.30||exit|
The school adopts some of the most modern and up-to-date teaching methods to improve the child’s personality as a whole.
The main methodologies used are inspired by the following teaching / learning experiences:
- Reggio Children (http://www.reggiochildren.it): children have the opportunity to experiment, play, to express their creativity and originality.
- Learning by doing (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apprendimento_esperienziale): constitutes a learning model based on experience that is achieved through action and experimentation.
- Total Physical Response (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_physical_response): involves the development and use of the five senses, which affect the learning processes of the language in the long term and the growth of the child in its entirety.
In the Kindergarten school attendance is implemented with:
- Observations and systematic annotations on relational-social behavior and learning style;
- Verbalization, oral and graphic-pictorial elaboration of experiences.
The assessment is based on:
- Progress and strategies implemented to solve problems;
- The learning style;
- Behavioral attitudes. The degree of participation and satisfaction of the child.
The goal of the Kindergarten is led by curricular planning that does not coincide with the sole organization of teaching activities.
In fact, it is expressed in a balanced integration of:
- Moments of care and relationship;
- Teaching-learning experiences;
- Routine (entrance, canteen, body care, etc.), which plays a function of the rhythms of the definition of the day and offers as a safe basis for new requests.
In this regard, the Kindergarten and its teachers have the role of host, enhance and expand the curiosity of children through the creation of learning opportunities within the FIELDS OF EXPERIENCE:
- THE SPEECH and the WORDS, languages used in their different aspects;
- THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORLD, organize the information obtained from the environment, to perceive the passage of time and acquire the cyclical;
- CONSTRUCTION OF A “I”, to learn to relate to the “other self,” to explore and fully live reality in all its facets;
- BODY and MOVEMENT, becoming aware of himself and his abilities;
- LANGUAGE, CREATIVITY and EXPRESSION, use different languages to express feelings and emotions.
For each field of experience of the National Guidelines, it will be necessary to identify targets for the development of competences, objectives of the last pre-school courses.
Objectives of skills development after scholl
- To recognize and express your emotions and other
- Have a positive relationship with your body
- Demonstrate curiosity, desire to experience and interact
- Share experiences and games using common materials and resources
- Develop the ability to ask a question
- Leverage different points of view, reflect and negotiate meanings
- Use errors as a source of knowledge
- Know how to tell, narrate, describe situations and experiences in the three relevant languages (Italian, English and Portuguese)
- Mastering the first logical skills, begin to internalize the space-time coordinates and orientation in the world
- Determine the main characteristics of events, formulate hypotheses and search for solutions
- Sensory discovery
- Musical journey
- Environmental education
- Artistic Atelier
- Logical-mathematical laboratory
- Body and Movement
- Educational Tours
- Continuity of the project with the Primary School