The mission of our school and its teachers as facilitators of the learning process is:
- To accompany students during the various stages of learning, always paying attention to their gradual maturation;
- To raise common sense and respect for the rules, of themselves and others, in order to cultivate honest, responsible, aware and sensitive human beings, while at the same time being able to discover with enthusiasm how to break the rules in order to be creative;
- Pay attention to the special needs that constantly redefine, through the individualization of the education methods offered, trying to adequately improve excellency and personal talents;
- To educate the student, to present their points of view, to negotiate solutions, to learn and to imagine using a linguistic and social interaction, that is, to learn to participate in a democratic environment.
The school uses some of the most modern and up-to-date teaching methods, in order to promote all the different child’s personality and to respect the different learning styles each student demonstrates.
The main methodologies used are inspired by the following methodologies of teaching, experiment and learning:
- Reggio Children (http://www.reggiochildren.it): children have the opportunity to experience, play, and express their creativity and originality. They are always praised for their original results. There is no exact model, no right result, no wrong doing. Simply occasions to express a unique potential.
- Learning by doing (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apprendimento_esperienziale): is an experience-based learning model, whether cognitive, emotional or sensory. The learning process occurs through action and experimentation, in which the active protagonist is launching his resources and knowledge for the processing and / or reorganisation of theories and concepts.
- Total Physical Response (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_physical_response): involves the development and use of the five senses, which affect the learning processes of the language in the long term and the growth of the child entirely.
- CLIL – Content Language Integrated Learning (http://www.lanqua.eu/theme/content-language-integrated-learning-clil/): makes use of the methodological principles established by the research on the language of immersion, promoting the student: confidence in the communicative approach, intercultural awareness and skills, and the use of language skills acquired during the activities of daily living.
- Cooperative learning (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apprendimento_cooperativo) is a way of learning that is based on the interaction within a group of students that collaborate, in order to reach a common objective, through an intensive work and learning, leading to the construction of new knowledge.