SECONDARY SCHOOL OF FIRST DEGREE
The High School consists of a preparatory course for students aged between 11-13 years old. It offers appropriate tools to grow and mature, systematize and extend the knowledge and skills to achieve in various subjects.
Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
PRINCIPLES AND OBJECTIVES
The Secondary School of First Degree is open to cultural exchange, trying to offer all the appropriate tools to mature the student an ideal integration in society, rule of law and security. The aim of our school is to develop the potential of everyone in a positive working climate, with the following objectives:
Experience values of pluralism, solidarity and cooperation;
Develop social skills, creating a positive work environment;
Improve student’s skills and interests;
To guide the freedom of choice in relation to each others;
Develop critical thinking and imagination.
The school provides adequate preparation for the pursuit of studies, guiding students according to their skills and abilities. The educational proposals are varied, allowing the consolidation of skills and knowledge and the integration of the basic curriculum in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Conscience of being holders of rights, but also to be right subjects.
- Reflection on the rights and duties of citizens.
- Respectful behavior with others in public and private spaces, to understand the importance of recognizing established codes and regulations.
- Have self-awareness.
- Learn to live with others.
The school adopts some innovative educational methods to improve children’s learning by making them aware of their cognitive abilities, allowing them to express opinions and thoughts in a creative way. The main methodologies used are inspired by the following international teaching / learning experiences:
- CLIL – Content Integrated Language Learning (http://www.lanqua.eu/theme/content-language-integrated-learning-clil/) makes use of the methodological principles established by the immersion language research, promoting the student: Confidence in the communicative approach, skills and intercultural awareness and the use of language skills acquired during the activities of daily living.
- Cooperative learning (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apprendimento_cooperativo) is a way of learning that is based on the interaction within a group of students that collaborate, in order to reach a common objective, through a work of deepening and That will lead to the construction of new knowledge.
- Deductive-Inductive (http://digilander.libero.it/eruffaldi/5B/induttivo.htm): improves the individual’s reflection capacity, from individual to general and vice versa.
- Research – Action (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricerca_-_azione) makes the subjects to be “actors” in their learning process.
- Narrative method (http://www.funzioniobiettivo.it/glossadid/narrazione.htm): narrative is the first interpretative and cognitive device that man knows, as a socio-culturally situated subject, as he uses in his experience in life (Bruner, 1988 1992).
The teachers evaluate daily the maturation process of each student, considering the starting point, taking into account the subjective conditions or specific factors in which they may have caused delays or difficulties in the acquisition of knowledge and skills, and trends during the course of the year.
Teachers unanimously, or by majority, establish admission / non-admission to the next class or the final exam.
DEVELOPMENT OF COMPETENCES AT THE END OF SECONDARY SCHOOL
- Ability to select and process data and information autonomously
- Knowledge and understanding of reasoning mechanisms
- Ability of analysis and synthesis
- Ability to achieve interdisciplinary connections
- Knowledge and use of technical languages
- Organizational Skills
- Acquisition of methods and instruments related to problems to be solved
- The ability to self-evaluate oneself and its reality
PROJECT SECONDARY SCHOOL AREA
- Drama, musical and body workshop
- Project Orientation
- Sports activities and competitions
- Educational trips and others
- Music Lab